Going Forward With the COVID-19 Vaccine Roll Out
Our community and nation have been through a lot over the past year, and all of us are looking forward to moving beyond the current stay at home mandate that many of us are required to follow. While many things have and will continue to change, one thing has remained the same and that is our commitment to your safety and excellence!
Infection control has always been our top priority in our practice and many of you have frequently commented on just how obvious it is and how comfortable it makes you feel! We have always strived to take that extra step to insure that our infection control processes create a safe environment for you and your family. Just as HIV added an entirely new dimension and respect for bacteria and viruses in the 1980’s, COVID-19 will add a new set of requirements to insure that we can provide the same level of excellence in our delivery of dental care.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations that have been formulated and updated by the American Dental Association, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We are vigilant in monitoring any and all activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance as they are issued. We do this to make sure our infection control protocols are current and strictly adhere to the best science each of the agencies’ recommendations!
That being said, when you have your next office visit, we will continue our instituted changes to help protect you and ourselves….For example –
- Our office will continue to communicate with you prior to your appointment, to ask our Required Covid-19 Screening Questions. So if we leave a message, please call back ASAP! These questions must be answered twice to keep your appointment. You will be asked those same questions for a second time upon arrival for your appointment. Vaccinated or not, YOU MUST answer these screening question.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival with a scanning thermometer.
- We request that upon arrival you call the office from your car and wait until we state you can enter.
- Please do everything to come to your appointment alone, wear a mask and upon arrival please stop in the bathroom to wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer.
- The waiting room will no longer have magazines or any miscellaneous items, as they are difficult to clean and disinfect, but our intention is to minimize time in the waiting room.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for Social Distancing between patients. That means that you will be offered different options for scheduling your appointment and while we will have some flexibility in time of day, appointments will continue to be more choreographed as we are still maintaining the one patient in and one patient out policy.
- We will be allowing greater time between patients to maintain safe and efficient patient flow and changing our appointment schedule to help create some additional flexibility for our patients.
- While travel restrictions between states has been currently dropped, if you travel outside of the USA, we will ask you to get tested 3 days after your arrival home or wait 10 days after your return to keep an appointment.
- The ADA/CDC/OSHA have recommended the use of a rubber dam in all restorative procedures, where possible to minimize aerosols and more hand scaling for the same reason.
- Barriers are in place at the office where recommended and all staff will be wearing the recommended Personal Protective Equipment during your entire visit.
- Please “LIKE” us on FACEBOOK, as it is an excellent means for us to maintain communication with you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any of your questions you may have about the steps we are putting in place to keep you and everyone safe!
Thank you for being part of our patient family! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Jay Freedman, DDS